-----Original Message-----
From: Nikola Milutinovic [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, April 13, 2004 1:49 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: JK2 JNI link bug [Was: Re: Apache2+Jk2+Tomcat5]

Yang Xiao wrote:

> Hi list,
> I'm trying to get Apache 2.0.49/JK2/Tomcat 5.0.19 to work
> I was able to get JK2 to compile and placed the mod_jk2.so and libjkjni.so
> in /usr/local/apache/modules
> But when I start the Tomcat server, I'm getting this error
>
> INFO: APR not loaded, disabling jni components: java.io.IOException:
> java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /usr/local/apache/modules/libjkjni.so:
> /usr/local/apache/modules/libjkjni.so: undefined symbol: apr_md5_final

It is a constant problem with JK2 JNI lib. I've had it on 2.0.2 and on
2.0.4.
libjkjni.so needs to be linked against all three APR libs: -lapr -laprutil
-lexpat.

This is the case on Linux (Mandrake 9.1) and on Tru64 UNIX (4.0D). After
modifying the Makefile, it went OK. It loads and works.

Nix.

Thanks for the help
I went back and modified the Makefile with all 3 libraries as you have said,
recompiled and now I'm getting a different error:
INFO: APR not loaded, disabling jni components: java.io.IOException:
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /usr/local/apache/modules/libjkjni.so:
/usr/local/apache/lib/libaprutil-0.so.0: undefined symbol: gdbm_errno

I'm not too good with C library programming, so can you help to explain what
this is?

Thanks,
Yang