Read the page you are looking at:

NOTE: For security reasons, using the administration webapp is restricted to
users with role "admin". The manager webapp is restricted to users with role
"manager". Users are defined in $CATALINA_HOME/conf/tomcat-users.xml.

Add a user with the admin role or add the admin role to an existing user. Should
look something like

<user username="sysAdmin" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat,admin,manager"/>

Mark