Rossen Raykov wrote:

Probably you can define interface and use casting while you are accessing
your Principle implementation. Frankly, I didn’t try it but it seems like
usable solution.

There is another technique that is quarantined to work though. It is very
simple and employs only Java’s Reflection.
Four days ago I send an e-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] explaining how
Reflection may be used to extract user’s password from
org.apache.catalina.realm.GenericPrincipal and so fare I didn’t get any
response.
Probably this is not treated as security issue so let me make it public.

Attached you will find my original e-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] explaining
how this may be accomplished and how one can protect himself from such
exposure.

With the Security Manager turned on, this "hack" will not work. So there is no security issue here. Of course without SecurityManager, you can do whatever you want.

-- Jeanfrancois

Regards,
Rossen Raykov