From: John B. Moore [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2004 6:27 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Relative directory addressing to parent directory

Can't seem to get this to work....

Example:   Under  Tomcat/webapps I want an images directory that "any"
of the web applications in that directory can access in their pages.

  In static HTML (under Apache) I would use..

   ../images/myimage.jpg

   and it would work just fine.. (the "../" would cause it to "backup"
one folder to the parent and access the images directory directly under
"webapps")

   I can seem to get this to work within a JSP page in Tomcat (4.1.29)

  As a test I created an HTML inwhich this works under Apache. Then
changed it to a .jsp to run under Tomcat with the target image in
/webapps/images/ and the app under /webapps/testapp.

   Suggestions as to what I am missing...???

    John..

---