Andreas,

I believe you have misinterpreted the spec. Having re-read the relevant parts of
the spec (SRV.10.2, SRV.15.1.7 & SRV.15.1.8) HttpSessionActivationListener
applies to session attributes. Although HttpSessionActivationListener's
inclusion in table SRV.10-1 could suggest otherwise, section SRV.10.2 also
states that SRV.14 and SRV.15 should be referred to for the details of the API.
SRV.15 clearly states that HttpSessionActivationListener is for session
attributes.

The Tomcat team has interpreted the spec as described above and after re-reading
it several times my own view is that this is the correct interpretation.

Mark