locaslhost should be "localhost".

if that's an email typo, look in the tomcat logs and see what it says.

Pete.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Hi,
I have installed Tomcat on my windows machine and set the CATALINA_HOME and JAVA_HOME as per installation instruction
when i try to start my tomcat ser ver i get following output in the dos prompt and a new window get initiate d and that get exited instantly.
can anyone tell me what can be the problem
i cant see anthing when i access http://locaslhost:8080

the output on the dos prompt is :--

*C:\Tomcat\catalina\src\bin>startup*
*Using CATALINA_BASE:   C:\Tomcat\catalina\src*
*Using CATALINA_HOME:   C:\Tomcat\catalina\src*
*Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: C:\Tomcat\catalina\src\temp*
*Using JAVA_HOME:       C:\jsdk1.4.2*
*C:\Tomcat\catalina\src\bin>*

*what can be the problem *
*thanks *
*/rgds /*

Birendar Singh Waldiya

*"Ralph Einfeldt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>*

19-04-04 05:44 PM
Please respond to
"Tomcat Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

To "Tomcat Users List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> cc Subject RE: Tomcat , APache , Jserv

- Tomcat is a servlet and jsp engine.

- Tomcat can be used as a stand alone webserver

- Apache is a webserver (with different features than tomcat,
 if it is better depends on the requirements)

- Apache can be integrated with tomcat by mod_jk[2]
 (So Apache replaces tomcats own http stack)

- jserv is a predessor of tomcat (historical,
 only in parts technical) and had no own http stack.