From: Andy Wadsworth [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, April 19, 2004 3:11 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Classpath problems with tomcat on Linux 9

Still no luck. I'm basically trying to do exactly the same thing
that the "jsp-examples/checkbox" is doing and I can't get Tomcat
to recognize my UserData.class file. I've tried placing my UserData.class
file in every location possible, and no luck. My next step will be
to downgrade to Tomcat 4 so I can at least try out the examples that
are described in the Tomcat Bible (the examples don't work with
Tomcat 5).

Should I expect Tomcat to find my UserData.class file if I put it
in webapps/<myapp>/WEB-INF/classes? Do I need to create a web.xml
or should it find the class file without any web.xml customization?
If anyone has a very simple example that I could drop in to see if
it works, I'd appreciate it. I've already verified that the jsp-examples
all work, but there is a lot of stuff in the web.xml that I shouldn't
need for what I want to do, and finding what I need is probably where
my problems lie.

-Andy.

On Friday 16 April 2004 07:32 pm, Berry, Layton wrote:
> I'm guessing you need to put the UserData class in a package,
> and import it into your savename page.
>
> Quoting from JSP 2.0 spec, "As of JSP 2.0, it is illegal
> to refer to any classes from the unnamed (a.k.a. default) package."
>
> -Layton

# Andy Wadsworth              #
# BondMart Technologies, Inc. #
# [EMAIL PROTECTED]          #
    The average woman would rather have beauty
    than brains, because the average man can see
    better than he can think.