> If all goes well then hopefully you should be able to do the
> following in IE
> http://localhost:8080
> And a little tomcat will appear with some tomcat info.
>
> Hope that's what you mean(?)
>
> Regards,
> Adam.
>

> Hi Rob,
>
> I do run Tomcat on Window ME and it runs smooth. So,would you
> give more
> information?
> e.g. What do you see when you start Tomcat?
>

> Dick
>
> > I can't start Tomcat under windows ME...
> >
> > Is there a way I can do this?  I've made all the
> appropriate changes to
> the
> > classpath in the autoexec.bat, but I keep getting the 'out
> of environment'
> > error.

Well, as he said he is getting an out of environment space error.
Windows uses environment space to store environment variables
(i.e. PATH, CLASSPATH, TEMP, etc...).  The Win9x varieties
default to small environment space(and since ME is the 2000 version
of 9x I'm willing to assume it is the same).  This issue has been
discussed several times on the list.  What needs to be done is
increase the environment space limit to allow your environment
variables(in the case of Tomcat JAVA_HOME, TOMCAT_HOME, CLASSPATH.)
to be larger.  For more details search the archive.  And may I
suggest that this should always be your first step to finding a
solution.  The FAQ and list archives should always be checked first
since traffic is so high on the user list that we really need to
reduce the number of duplicate posts.

---
Michael Wentzel
Software Developer
Software As We Think - http://www.aswethink.com
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

- Punisher of those who cannot spell dumb!