At 11:47 PM 5/11/2004 -0400, you wrote:
Joerg Baumgaertel wrote:
Hi all,
because often requested,
I added a Jakarta-Tomcat-Howto to the 'jb2works.com' website.
You find the following documents
- How to scan a Java webapplication
  http://jb2works.com/refscan/tomcat.html
- How to scan Jakarta-Tomcat full-space
  http://jb2works.com/refscan/tomcatfull.html

I tried that, but when trying to run tomcat I got:

Due to new licensing guidelines mandated by the Apache Software
Foundation Board of Directors, a JMX implementation can no longer
be distributed with the Apache Tomcat binaries. As a result, you
must download a JMX 1.2 implementation (such as the Sun Reference
Implementation) and copy the JAR containing the API and
implementation of the JMX specification to:
${catalina.home}/bin/jmx.jar

...which confuses me, because jmx.jar is still where it always was. Using the bootstrap.jar that came with tomcat works fine.

If you use the latest version of Tomcat5, you'll find that this is not an issue. Download Tomcat-5.0.24. The implementation of JMX that said version of Tomcat comes with is MX4J which is open source so there is no problem anymore.

Jake

BTW in your instructions you say to add:

HttpScanner.start( startupInstance );

... but what is really needed is:

com.jb2works.reference.HttpScanner.start( startupInstance ); // <-- !!