From: Daniel Gibby [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2004 7:28 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: apache, mod_jk, tomcat hungs

All I can say is you are not alone. Requests of our sort never seem to
be answered, and we've been asking them for months.
Actually, by being answered I'm not saying that people don't post
replies, I just mean that I don't know of anyone who has fixed this
issue on their system.

It sure sounds like the same issue that I'm having with mod_jk2 2.0.2,
apache 2.0.40, tomcat 4.1.30 or tomcat 4.1.27... but I can't be sure
that it is the same issue. My bet is that most of the tomcat developers
don't use connectors because they would rather keep things stable, and
introducing apache into the mix just means one more point of failure.

Sorry I can't be of more help right now. I've tried using JMeter to
reproduce my lockups, and that hasn't helped me yet.
Is there someone out there who would like to be paid to run a profiler
on some of my applications? Please contact me off-list, and if you can
solve my issue, I'll post the results to the list... I'm in contact with
two or three people from this list that are having the same type of
issues, and more requests for help come into the list weekly. We'd all
be happy for the help.

Daniel Gibby