On Mon, May 10, 2004 at 10:30:13AM +0100, Cain, Simon wrote:
: I need to set up my Tomcat server to receive requests using BASIC
: authentication, but then allow me to authorize them using my own application
: database. I do not want Tomcat to check against the users in the
: tomcat-users.xml file, I want to do the checking programmatically..

Hello,

Check the archives and docs for "JAAS" and "custom realm."

This was recently discussed on the list, but I do not recall how
much specific info was posted.

-QM

--

software  -- http://www.brandxdev.net