I ran into a problem accessing the manager & admin
apps.  I didn't realize you had to add users in the
Jakarta-tomcat-5.0.19/conf/tomcat-users.xml file.

-----Original Message-----
From: Yansheng Lin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, May 10, 2004 2:22 PM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: Manager access problems

No, it's not needed.

Anyways, why do you think you would be able to access the webapp on
http://<IP-ADDRESS>:8080/manager/html/?

8080 is the port tomcat listens to.  It has nothing to do with what you
define in httpd.conf.

80 is the port apache listens to.  It talks with tomcat through port 8009
you defined in workers.properties.

By default, 80 is the default port that apache uses.

If virtual host and jk2 are working for you, you should be able to access
your webapp without defining any port.

There are a lot of good posts on port 8080 and 80.  You may want to do a
search on the archieve.

Cheers:)

-Yan