It works for me. I have Redhat Fedora.

Kind Regards
Werner

On May 4, 2004, at 8:32 PM, Matt Raible wrote:

Maybe this will help:

http://www.raibledesigns.com/tomcat/boot-howto.html

Matt

-----Original Message-----
From: Joao Medeiros [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 2004 12:15 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: ¿how to use tomcat.sh for starting Tomcat
automatically at boot time?

Ing. Enrique de la Barrera Perez wrote:

Hello Tomcat users.
I have tried different ways to configure my linux to startup
tomcat at
boot time automatically without results. In the Tomcat setup
documentation thats ships with the installation i can see
this: ("The
file $CATALINA_HOME/bin/jsvc/native/tomcat.sh can be used as
a template
for starting Tomcat automatically at boot time from /etc/init.d")

I am using redhat 9, tomcat 5, jdk 1.4.2. and my tomcat runns very
well,
just that i need to start/stop mannually
¿anybody there have been in a similar situation than mine?
¿could somebody help me on what should a do to achieve this?

Regards
ebarrera

I'm not using RH Linux now but off the top of my head I seem
to remember
there is a tool that allows you to register services and control
startup/shutdown options.
If you're familiar with Windows OS it looks pretty much like the
Services manager.

Sorry if it's not much of a help but at least gives you a hint.

--JM

Werner van Mook
Java Lead Developer / Trainer
Connecties Voor Internet BV i.o.