Devlin,

>From  my understanding, this is not a function of Tomcat. The appending is
MySQL looking up who is sending. If you use the MySQL prompt to access MySQL
it will only prompt you for a user name and password, but MySQL check for
the location. Try logging in to MySQL directly on the machine using the same
login name and password as you have set Tomcat to use in the Datasource.
>mysql -u tomcat -p
This will try to logon as tomcat and prompt you for a password.

Doug
www.parsonstechnical.com