Tomcat 5 works well with context creation without shutting down the Tomcat
server. However, I need to add admintool and manager contexts to a new host,
e.g test.tlg.ca, so that I can reload/start/stop application contexts in
test.tlg.ca host.

However, it seems that the admintool/manager contexts for test.tlg.ca
created using admintool under localhost host  don't have privileged="true".
Thus these contexts always throw exceptions. I can only manually put
privileged="true" in them and restart the whole server. Since my application
will be deployed remotely and root access for manager.xml/admin.xml files
won't be available, is there a workaround? Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Sheng