Dear List,

I am using tomcat 4.0. My experience sofar is that when I put my uncompiled
.java files inside the WEB-INF\classes directory, and do a restart the
java files will ALL be compiled. This is not due to my web-xml settings, but
default Tomcat 4. behaviour.

However, later when I made a change to one .java file, I thought I would
just need to remove the affected .class file, do a re-start and I would
see the effects of my changes. This does not seem to be the case, and I got
a 404 type error I think that the class file was not available.

What is the behaviour of Tomcat regarding compilation? There must be an
option inside the server.xml regarding this, and why when I removed one
.class file
did tomcat not see that it was missing and re-compile it !!

regards

Ben