Apologies if this is in the wrong group, I think that "User" is the right
one.

I have noted a difference between how Tomcat (4.0.6 and 4.1.127) and
WebLogic (7.0 and 8.1) assign buffers, and I'm trying to figure out which
one is correct.  I have an "outer" page that does not define any buffer, and
an "inner" page that does, e.g.:
"outer.jsp"
        Outer buffer is <%=out.getBufferSize()%><BR>
        Outer remaining is <%=out.getRemaining()%><BR>
        <jsp:include page="inner.jsp" /><BR>
        Outer buffer is now <%=out.getBufferSize()%><BR>
        Outer remaining is now <%=out.getRemaining()%>

"inner.jsp"
<%@ page buffer="64kb" %>
Inner buffer is <%=out.getBufferSize()%><BR>
Inner remaining is <%=out.getRemaining()%>

Tomcat reports 8kb for "outer.jsp" and then 64kb for "inner.jsp".  The
remaining buffer sizes are unrelated.  WebLogic reports 12kb for both and
the remaining buffer are related.  It's as if Tomcat creates new JspWriter
for each dynamic include, but WebLogic keeps using the same JspWriter.  BEA
have confirmed that this is their expected behaviour.

Is anyone able to confirm if BEA are correct in their interpretation of the
JSP Specification and, if so, why Tomcat is behaving the way it does?  Is
this just a case of a differing opinion on the same spec?  I've had a look
through the documentation and drawn a blank.

Thanks in advance,

Jason.