Mark,

First of all it is worth pointing out that this works quite happily for me on
WinXP using TC5.0.24 and IE6.

Ah, the wonderful world of M$.

There are difference between how tomcat 4 and 5 handle redirection from
www.yourhost.com/webdav to www.yourhost.com/webdav/ Either should be valid but
the webdav implementation in IE doesn't handle http redirection responses
correctly. This is why TC4 works with / but TC5 sometimes has trouble with IE
clients. Needless to say when I tried to report this to Microsoft they refused
to acknowledge this as a bug and said I needed to pay to get any further
support.

Do you know how the TC4 handles the redirection issue? We have a webapp to which we are adding webdav support. Our webdav implementation has exactly the same problem as the TC5 implementation when using IE clients. If we set the url-pattern to /* we break our webapp.

A few other thoughts: - does it work if you run TC5 on a windows box?

Have not tried this. I'll install on one of our boxes and test.

- are you using the webdav servlet as it comes with TC5?

We are.

Roy

Mark