Brian Beckham wrote:
Jeff,

Can you tell me more about your sitation? Did 5.0.24 help?

So far I haven't had any problems with 5.0.24, although I've only been running it a couple of days. When I had the problem with 5.0.19, I jumped back to 5.0.16 until a couple of days ago when I went up to 5.0.24.

> What options were you setting?

They were essentially the same. My initial memory was set to 128M and max memory was set to 512M but I never maxed out the memory before the crash. I was using server VM and set the headless property.

Were you using / are you using jsvc?

No.

> What OS?

It's mostly Redhat Hat 7.3 with kernel 2.4.20-20.7smp. I've used both of the following java environments and saw the same problem with both:

Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.1-b21)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.4.1-b21, mixed mode)

Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.4.2_04-b05)

I don't know what else you'd like to know. I'm not running that version any more so it'd be kind of hard for me to test things but I'd be glad to tell you what I can remember from when I was. Like I said, I never found an answer but I wanted to corroborate in case somebody was inclined to dismiss it as a one-off problem.

--

Jeff Hoffmann
PropertyKey.com