On Fri, May 21, 2004 at 11:16:02AM -0400, Wehner, Terry wrote:
> I am getting the following error when trying to start apache 1.3.27
>
> Syntax error on line 4 of
> /opt/applocal/imt/webi/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.29/conf/auto/mod_jk.conf:
> Cannot load /opt/applocal/imt/webi/httpd_1.3.27/modules/mod_jk.so into
> server: ld.so.1: /opt/applocal/imt/webi/httpd_1.3.27/bin/httpd: fatal:
> relocation error: file
> /opt/applocal/imt/webi/httpd_1.3.27/modules/mod_jk.so: symbol
> ap_ctx_get: referenced symbol not found
> ./apachectl start: httpd could not be started

How was this module compiled?

If it was compiled against the apache 2.0 source it will not work with
apache 1.3.

> I am also using Jakarta Tomcat 4.1.29 which trys to load the mod_jk.so
> library that I have place in my Apache modules directory.

> The files and paths are being found ok, however the referenced symbol
> seems to be causing the error?
>
> Also if I comment out the part about loading the mod_jk.so (by not
> including the mod_jk.conf file, all other modules load just fine?
>
> I have looked through the old archives and tried a number of different
> solutions:
>
> Changing my LD_LIBRARY_PATH

To anything in particular?

> ./configureing with SHARED_CORE
>
> Etc.

Please don't put URGENT in the title. It may be urgent to you, but it
probably isn't urgent to anyone else on the list.

If you have any trouble sounding condescending, find a Unix user to show you
how it's done.
        -- Scott Adams