Hi,

>I thought this was the User list, not the Dev list. As such, why should
>be
>expected to submit code suggestions or diffs.

This IS the user list.  Most tomcat users are developers, and as such
the idea of submitting code fixes when they find bugs is not foreign to
them.  I didn't say to submit the patch to this list: if you do choose
to submit a patch, the process is outlined at
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/getinvolved.html.

>I think a patch is in order for the obvious reason that something that
>worked fine in Tomcat4 doesn't work in Tomcat5. It's called backwards
>compatibility.

OK, thanks for the explanation.  FYI, tomcat 5 is fully compliant with
the Servlet and JSP specifications.

Yoav Shapira

and notify the sender.  Thank you.