Hi,
Yeah, it's possible, if you stick to the Servlet Specification.  That
includes:
- Deploying and running from a packed WAR
- Allow the server administrator to configure any external resources you
need, such as writing directories and database information, via the
standard J2EE JNDI mechanisms of env-entry/resource-ref
- Not using any server-specific code
- Packaging all the libraries you need in your own WAR, not relying on
the server to supply them, much less specific versions of them.

With Apache it's easy to stay portable, as fewer people do crazy HTTP
stuff than do crazy servlet stuff ;)  Other people on the httpd list can
advise you on which modules are more stable and tried than others.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics

and notify the sender.  Thank you.