Hi,
Where to look: the tomcat documentation for the relevant component (e.g.
the Connector element in server.xml has encoding directives for the URI
and parameters), the archives of this mailing list (where this has been
discussed numerous times), the Tomcat FAQ has an entry on this issue
(http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/faq/misc.html#utf8), and google which
has some more answers:
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&q=tomcat+utf%2D8+filter+
encoding.