I am writing a custom authenticator for flash remoting.  Flash remoting
uses a binary message format that is stored in the request body, and it
has its own credentials header in the message.  That means I have to
read the body from the inputstream in the authenticator to retrieve the
credentials, but the gateway Servlet that actually processes the message
also needs to read the message from the request body.

Is there any way to wrap the HttpRequest from an authenticator so I can
read the input stream in a buffer and hand a buffered input stream on
for the Servlet to process?

I tried to override the invoke method of Authenticator hoping that I
could wrap the request from there and then call super to hand it along
to AuthenticatorBase, but this threw an exception.

Any Ideas?

--Ryan