There's probably a reference to it or a reference to a symlink in your server.xml's <GlobalNamingResources>...</GlobalNamingResources> section. Tomcat5 should own this file or be a member of a group that owns it and has read access to it.

--David

Werner van Mook wrote:

It is not complaining about the port number.
I've seen the error if your not root. It's not the same.
Starting tomcat manual as root gives me the same error.

Sorry wrong answer ;-)