From: Ruth, Brice [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, June 10, 2004 11:52 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Help! Moving app from TC4->TC5, blank pages, no errors!

The Access Log valve indicates that the error being generated is 404

I still get a blank screen with no errors in the browser, and no errors
in Tomcat's logs. Here's the particular Access Log entry:

10.5.201.20 - - [10/Jun/2004:10:49:23 -0600] "GET
/fiskars_PL/pl_PL/index.do HTTP/1.1" 404 - "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows;

U;

Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.6) Gecko/20040206 Firefox/0.8"

You'll notice that the request is a Struts Action ... what's going on
here?!?!?!? This application runs on TC5 just fine locally, same

version

of TC5 ... why won't it run on the deployment server?!?!

Shapira, Yoav wrote:

Hi,
So you're using TC-specific code in your webapp?  (Hence the need for
different build files, one for TC4 and one for TC5, I imagine).

Add logging output statements to your various filters so you can tell
what they're doing, if anything.

Enable the AccessLogValve to see if you're really getting 404s or
something else (such as previous 5xx errors) are preventing normal
processing.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics