Hello,

I am running an application for multiple clients and the setup is like the set of
classes being used are common and the property files are different for each client.
The structure looks as below :
/usr/local/common_application_classes/ - this folder contains all classes
/usr/local/properties/client1/ - this folder contains properties of client1
/usr/local/properties/client2/ - this folder contains properties of client2
...... etc for all the different clients.

Now, this is a web based application and the classes in the
/usr/local/common_application_classes/ are being used from the web application
(servlet, jsp files). The properties files are being used from the classes contained
in the /usr/local/common_application_classes/ folder.

I want to setup a common tomcat (preferabbly tomcat3, or tomcat4) for all these
clients, but how should I setup the classpath? /usr/local/common_application_classes/
should be in tomcat's classpath. But, properties files are different for different
classes, so thought of creating single tomcat and under that, multiple contexts, one
for each client and the properties files goes in the respective client's
context/WEB-INF/classes. But, since the classes accessing the properties files are
outside tomcat (not in context/WEB-INF/classes), are not being able to access
properties files - gives MissingResourceException.

Let say, I have a test.jsp file in context /test, which calls a TestClass.class file
and this TestClass.class file is looking up some property file through ResourceBundle.
The property file is in /test/WEB-INF/classes/ directory. Now, if the TestClass.class
is in /test/WEB-INF/classes, then it works perfectly fine, but if the TestClass.class
is outside tomcat (included in tomcat's classpath), then it gives
MissingResourceException while looking up property file.

Please tell me how can I proceed further.

Ankit