A good reason to precompile your JSP files is to make sure you don't accidentally have broken JSP files on production. You then know *before* deployment if any changes to your JSP files or the java classes they belong to cause breakage.

Michiel

Paul Wallace wrote:

Hi,
Yes..that is what I thought, but I learned from a 'reliable'
source I could accomplish this on saving overhead. So rather than
looking into the whys and whats, I looked into how to do it, and look
into the performance benefits later. I will provide the list with my
sources reasoning, when it becomes available! A thought..and to answer a question with a question (Why would
you precompile jsp files?), why is jspc there? If only to increase
performance on the first hit?

Thanks

Paul.

It will increase speed on the first viewing of the jsp, but after that I

can't see how there will be any difference. How much memory can you
save if any? And how would that work?

Thanks