From: Ross Rankin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, July 01, 2004 2:09 PM
To: Kal Govindu; 'Tomcat Users List (E-mail)'
Subject: RE: LDAP - newbee help

LDAP, Lightweight Directory Access Protocol, is a protocol that other
programs use to look up contact information from a server, such as Microsoft
Active Directory.  It is a service provided by a server, not a server.  An
LDAP server is a server that provides LDAP services...  The Microsft AD
service is LDAP-compatible.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/techinfo/overview/ldapcomp.mspx

Ross