*Hello Everyone,

Pardon my ignorance, its been a while since, I've been on this list. I have a question and I'm not trying to start a flame war or anything like that I really am just interested in the differences. I would like to know what the differences are between Tomcat 5.x and Sun Java System Application Server Platform Edition 8 Update 1.

I know that the Sun product allows EJBs and such. I guess what I'm after is besides that, is there any real value to using Tomcat over it or vice-versa? Either technically or legally (licensing)?

Its my understanding that part of the Sun product comes with a version of Tomcat, is it version 5.x? Can I get the same functionality from Tomcat that I can from the Sun product? Is Tomcat better?

I know I'm asking a lot of questions about this, but I want to setup an Apache 2, PHP and Java website with MySQL. Any insight that can be provided would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
John

*