> I am inclined to agree but not for the same blanket reasons. I have worked
> on 2 very large C++ projects 30+ developers. And I did with another company
> the same thing with C and Java with 7 people in 1/4 the time. I have never
> touched C++ since. Why if you realise you made a design booboo (As I am sure
> I am not the only one)and it has to be changed ripping C++ apart is a more
> difficult than Java.  I know you can say thats down to good OO design but
> really in todays practical terms OO design is low on the priority of getting
> a product out the door. I have changed my doctrine to using small C files
> (less than 1000line) as drivers and then do all the business modelling in
> Java. A system becomes monolithic very quickly unless you are prepared to
> rip it apart and put it back together even before tomorrows deadline. Thats
> why I cannot see myself using C++ again because its too hard keep
> dependencies segregated and the number of layers while trying to do so
> increases. And developers becomes scared of changing anything.
>
> Do you think my argumenr is fundamentally flawed?

It's not. But the use case is. While Java is definitely a good approach for
business apps, it's unacceptable for edited apps, for which "look and feel"
and "raw performance" remain top criterias when the customer makes his
choice.

Eric VERGNAUD - JLynx Software
Cutting-edge technologies and
services for software companies