hi
      you can implement it through a servlet filter. As far as i can remember there is
a standard valve implementaion for Tomcat, which implements it for you.

HTH,
Alvin

Alvin Antony
Software Engineer

Ludwig-Maximilians-Universitaet München
Zentrale Universitaetsverwaltung
Referat IIIA 3 (Anwendungs Entwicklung)
Theresienstr. 37 / 2. Stock  Zi. 249
80333 Muenchen

phone  +49 (089) 2180 - 4005

mail      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
web     http://informationstechnik.verwaltung.uni-muenchen.de

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 07/05/04 1:56 PM >>>
Thanks for the answer.

But I have read this. I have a problem with redirect from port 80 to 443. I use tomcat
4.1.29.

My server.xml contains this code:

               enableLookups="true" redirectPort="443"
               useURIValidationHack="false" disableUploadTimeout="true" />

               port="443"
               enableLookups="true"
               debug="0" scheme="https" secure="true">
        <Factory className="org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteServerSocketFactory"
               clientAuth="false" protocol="TLS" />
</Connector>

It doesn't redirect if I will use http://www.myDomain.de/.

https://www.myDomain.de functions.