what is the associate role to your user tomcat?
check this role , the login must have the "manager" role.

-----Message d'origine-----
De : U A [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Envoyé : lundi 5 juillet 2004 16:34
À : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Objet : tomcat manager login problem

Hello,

I had installed Tomcat 5.0.19 with Apache2 on my SuSE 9.1 OS. I want to
manage from tomcat administration tool. I had taken from
/etc/tomcat/base/tomcat-users.xml file for login information. Login
informations are "tomcat". It denied when I entered from
http://localhost:8080/manager/html page. Error gives as "HTTP Status 403
- Access to the requested resource has been denied".

Have any suggestions for login to manager tool!

thanks.