Hi everybody,

What's the best / simplest way to implement a garbage collector that
starts running as soon as the web application (Tomcat) is up?

In my particular case, this garbage collector cleans certain records
meeting a certain criteria. The idea is quite simple: every n seconds,
the GC performs the corresponding query and deletes the records returned
by it.

I remember Weblogic having something like startup-classes that would be
exactly what I'm needing. Is there something similar in Tomcat? If not,
what would be the best / simplest way to implement this? I've thought
about a few options but none of them seem clean / efficient enough for
me...

Let me hear those thoughts!

Thanks in advance,

Freddy.