Yes, I did it....
the JAVA_HOME is set correctly

Simone

Ben Souther wrote:

Did it?

On Monday 12 July 2004 09:00 am, Simone-dev wrote:

And what if it works ?

Simone

Ben Souther wrote:

Test your JAVA_HOME environment variable.

Open a command prompt and type:
%JAVA_HOME%\bin\javac

If you see:
No File Or Program Found.....
you didn't set it right.

On Monday 12 July 2004 08:44 am, Simone-dev wrote:

Hello all,
I just installed  Apache Tomcat/5.0.25 on my newly installed developing
workstation on Windows
I've installed SDK  1.4.2_05, too...

But when I try to run a JSP to compiled I get the error

No Java compiler was found to compile the generated source for the JSP.
This can usually be solved by copying manually $JAVA_HOME/lib/tools.jar

from the JDK to the common/lib directory of the Tomcat server, followed

by a Tomcat restart. If using an alternate Java compiler, please check
its installation and access path.

I've set JAVA_HOME as C:\j2sdk1.4.2_05 but tomcat still doesn't compile JSP

any ideas?

Simone