I don't think you can. The classloader that supports the jars in common/lib can't see the jars in your webapp. It's one of those cases where your webapp's classloader can see the jars at the tomcat level, but not the other way around. I think your stuck with either getting the provider to update their driver or rewriting your code to the older driver they are running.

--David

Steven J. Owens wrote:

Hi all,

    I'm using tomcat with DBCP for connection pooling, on a hosted
server.

    My hosting provider is using an older driver that doesn't support
some JDBC 3.0 features I'd like.

    When I asked them about upgrading, they told me I could just stick
the jar file for the more up-to-date driver in WEB-INF/lib and use that.

What I'm wondering is, how do I tell DBCP to use the WEB-INF/lib
jar file?