Hi,

 I have Apache 2.0.49/Tomcat 5.0.25/mod_jk 2.04 on debian/testing

 My setup Works Mostly(TM), i.e if I go to
http://myserver.mydomain.tld/index.jsp, Apache calls Tomcat and
everything works fine. If I just go to http://myserver.mydomain.tld
AND there is an index.html file in the webroot directory, index.html
gets served instead.
 Relevant entries in httpd.conf:

 DirectoryIndex index.jsp index.html
 <LocationMatch "/*.jsp">
        JkUriSet worker ajp13:localhost:8009
</LocationMatch>

 If I remove index.html from DirectoryIndex and leave just index.jsp
there - works fine
 If I remove <LocationMatch "/*.jsp"> entry - index.jsp gets served
even if there is index.html present - it does not get passed to
tomcat, so it is just served as a text file - but still served.

 I did strace on apache and I can see that, if *.jsp is mapped to
ajp13,  apache looks for index.html first even though index.jsp is the
first file in DirectoryIndex directive. If I add more index files, i.e
 DirectoryIndex index.jsp index.html yyy.zzz xxx.yyy
apache would look for all of these files before giving up and serving
index.jsp - provided it did not find any of the other index files. If
there is xxx.yyy, it will get served instead.
 If *.jsp is not mapped to ajp13, apache looks for index.jsp first,
like it supposed to and if there is one does not look further for
other index files.
 If I do not load mod_jk at all, apache would also look for index.jsp
first and serve it if found  - obviously as a text file.
 Unfortunately, I have to have both index.jsp and index.html as index
files and I need index.jsp to have precedence - our web developers
jump back and forth between those tho.
 The same setup worked fine with apache 1.3.27/mod_jk/tomcat2.something

 The questions I have are:
 - Who's at fault here - Apache or mod_jk?
 - And, more importantly - how do I make index.jsp work as default
index file even if index.html is present?

 Thanks a lot!