UserDatabase doesn't support DIGEST.  In fact, it could be that only
MemoryRealm (which supports everything) does.  However, I can't be bothered
to look :).

<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> Does anyone know if the DIGEST authentication is supported by Tomcat 5?
> I have been trying to get it working with a Tomcat 5.0.24 on Windows and
the default UserDatabase, but have not been completely successful.  The
authentication of a user seems to work OK (with the browser dialog being and
so), but the principal is not available and probably the roles are not set
and also I still get a

> HTTP Status 403 - Access to the requested resource has been denied
>
> With the same configuration, changing only the method from DIGEST to BASIC
works without problems.