I have a specific problem that requires that I map hundreds of thousands
(yes, hundreds of thousands) of domain names to a dozen or so different
web-apps based on domain name. I currently use Resin to handle this, but
really wish to abandon Resin for Tomcat for a variety of reasons.

Uniquely defining each one as a web app isn't practical due to the sheer
number involved, and the fact that hundreds of domain names come and go
during the day.

I've googled and searched the archives, and I can't seem to find an
answer to how to do this with Tomcat 5, if it's even possible. I've seen
several people asked, and the only one I found a number of responses to
was chided for his decision to use wildcards. :)

I would immensely appreciate it if anyone could point me in the
direction of how to implement something like:

<Host name='*.mydomain.com'>

(which I've tried to no avail)

thanks!