Sorry for mis-reading your email

If anybody out there knows how to retrieve the Subject, Jean-Pierre and I
would most appreciate it!

But, if, as I suspect, this is not part of the current servlet spec, and
thus not part of Tomcat, can I make a request for this to be included next
time round?

I work around this by concatenating all the information I require from the
subject into the Principal's name in my JAAS login module, as a
java.security.Principal object is available from the request object in
Tomcat. But I guess this isn't an option for this problem.

Matt