DEAR Yoav Shapira

I  have a question for you sir.

I start learning JSP and ohter J2EE tools recently.
I buy a book of "Professional JSP 2nd Edition".

Sir i am facing a problem:

I dowload jakarta_tomcat 4.1.30.exe from the website.

I already do have jdk1.3 at my PC ( iam using win98 OS).

Now after installing jakarta_tomcat to a folder "c\apache\tomcat",
I create two environment variables into my Autoexe.bat file as under :

set JAVA_HOME=C:\jdk1.3
set CATALINA_HOME=C:\APACHE\TOMCAT

 Now when I Start Tomcat - a DOS base window is opened and remained active
for few seconds and then close automatically. Also i try Startup.bat file at
MS DOS promt, it shows some lines as follows:

    C:\Apache\Tomcat\bin>startup
    Using CATALINA_BASE:   C:\APACHE\TOMCAT
    Using CATALINA_HOME:   C:\APACHE\TOMCAT
    Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: C:\APACHE\TOMCAT\temp
    Using JAVA_HOME:       C:\jdk1.3
    C:\Apache\Tomcat\bin>
And in the mid also a new DOS base window shows a name 'Java' opened for few
seconds and automatically closed.

Sir/Madam, whats the wrong with the tomcat? coz as per book instructions it
must shows a Catalina named window and remained active till I did not issue
a command Shutdown.

So please guide me what I should do in this connection in detail.

An early reply shall highly bhe appreicated.

Saeed
Programmer