From: Phillip Blancher [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, July 22, 2004 12:27 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Help (Started over again) Making Tomcat work with Apache

>To test if your Apache+mod_jk+Tomcat config is working, see if you can
>get to:
>
>http://localhost/manager/html/list
>
>If this prompts you for a login, then its working ... as this is the
>login for Tomcat's manager application.

This did work.

>So, you could enable the "ROOT" context in server.xml, restart Tomcat,
>restart Apache (to pick up the new mod_jk.conf), then put your test.jsp
>in webapps/ROOT - and *then* http://localhost/test.jsp *should* work.

I am assuming you are talking about this section of server.xml?

       <!-- Tomcat Root Context -->
       <!--
         <Context path="" docBase="ROOT" debug="0"/>
       -->

Which I changed to:

        <!-- Tomcat Root Context -->

          <Context path="d:/webserver/apache/apache/htdocs" docBase="ROOT"
debug="0"/>

And now nothing works again on JSP. I am receiving Error 500's in IE.

Phil

to offer.
http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=htt
p://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines
first two months FREE*.