Julien Oix wrote:

Hi everyone,

I find 2 problems on my Linux/Apache/Tomcat platform :

*** First, I can't manage to redirect a 500 error code page to a customized
error page, even I can't see any trouble in my conf's files.

# config
Linux RedHat 7.1
Apache 1.3.27 (rpm)
Tomcat 4.1.18 (rpm)
mod_jk 1.2.2 (rpm)

#apache myVH.conf
ErrorDocument 500 /jsp/500.jsp

#tomcat myapps/WEB-INF/web.xml
<error-page>
       <error-code>500</error-code>
       <location>/jsp/500.jsp</location>
</error-page>

apache gets a 500 error code
# myapps_access_log
193.52.112.54 - - [05/Jul/2004:15:52:49 +0200] "GET /Login.do HTTP/1.1" 500
3990

but the browser prints the default tomcat error page and not my customized
500.jsp ...

Julien,

Are you using mod_jk auto-configuration generation to integrate your Tomcat & Apache environments? If so, you need to ensure that your ErrorDocument directive appears in the VirtualHost that mod_jk generates. Unfortunately, to my knowledge, there is no automatic way of doing this ... you need to add that ErrorDocument directive every time mod_jk updates the .conf file.

Otherwise, if you're getting a Tomcat error 500, I'm guessing that the error-page directive in your web.xml is not being properly picked up (Apache will handle 500 errors generated by Apache, Tomcat will handle 500 errors generated by Tomcat).

Respectfully,
Brice Ruth

--
Brice Ruth, Sr. IT Analyst