Rick Bragg wrote:
Mark Eggers wrote:

You will need to install the httpd-devel rpm as well. This will give
you apxs and other material needed to compile mod_jk2. You might check
on yum to see if mod_jk2 is already compiled. It is for Fedora Core 2. I don't know if it is for Redhat 9.

I build my own Apache, mod_jk2, etc. from source so all I can tell you
is what Synaptic, yum, and rhn tell me.

/mde/

Thanks Mark! That did the trick for that, however, I am getting problems when I run apxs after the make.

------
# /usr/sbin/apxs -n jk2 -i mod_jk2.so
/usr/lib/httpd/build/instdso.sh SH_LIBTOOL='/usr/lib/httpd/build/libtool' mod_jk2.so /usr/lib/httpd/modules
/usr/lib/httpd/build/libtool --mode=install cp mod_jk2.so /usr/lib/httpd/modules/
cp mod_jk2.so /usr/lib/httpd/modules/mod_jk2.so
mv: cannot move `/usr/lib/httpd/modules/' to a subdirectory of itself, `/usr/lib/httpd/modules/mod_jk2.so.so'
chmod 755 /usr/lib/httpd/modules/mod_jk2.so
chmod: failed to get attributes of `/usr/lib/httpd/modules/mod_jk2.so': No such file or directory
apxs:Error: Command failed with rc=65536
------

My apache2 install is in /etc/httpd not /usr/lib/httpd so I don't know why it is trying put the module there.

After I ran that, I copied the mod_jk2.so to /etc/httpd/modules/. but then apache does not work:

I put this line in httpd.conf:
LoadModule jk2_module modules/mod_jk2.so

then ran this test:

------
# /usr/sbin/httpd -t
Syntax error on line 213 of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /etc/httpd/modules/mod_jk2.so into server: /etc/httpd/modules/mod_jk2.so: undefined symbol: apr_socket_send
------

I'm not sure how to fix this
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks again!
Rick

oops, /etc/httpd/modules is a symlink of /usr/lib/httpd/modules/
But I still don't know why I am haveing the errors running apxs...

Thanks again
Rick