From: Anastasios Angelidis [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, July 23, 2004 7:37 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Beyond bassic form authentication?

So I setup my web app to use Form Authentication with a User Realm in my
MySQL DB. It all works fine. I type the protected resources URL into the
browser, I get redirected to the login page, I login and behold it works! ;)

Now how would I give access to a secure resource from an unsecure
resource. For instance...

My webapp has a front page with recent news, welcome message etc...
Standard home page stuff...
Obviously I can put a sign-in link that will try to access the protected
resource, which will then redirect to the login page...
But is there a way to put a login form on the home page directly and
post that form for authentication and from there give access to the
protected resource?

Thanks