You need to edit your server.xml file which can be found in
$CATALINA_HOME/conf by uncommenting the following code and add two lines
on keypass and keystore as follows:

<!-- Define a SSL Coyote HTTP/1.1 Connector on port 8443-->
  <Connector port="8443"
   max thread=...
   keypass="enter_your_key_password_here"
   keystore="enter_your_keytore_absolute_path_here"
   clientAuth="false" sslProtocol="TLS"

Hope this help.

Karen

On Tue, 27 Jul 2004, Mumanyi Bravismore wrote:

> I have installed jakarta-tomcat-4.1.30 on Redhat 9. However, when I try
> to load the tomcat index page on SSL (https://machine ip:8443), I am
> getting a connection refused error. I have jdk installed on the box and
> have executed:
>
>          $JAVA_HOME/bin/keytool -genkey -alias tomcat -keyalg RSA . Am I
> missing something? Can someone give me the exact guide on how to install
> tomcat with SSL support.
>
> Thanks in advance. I have also included a few lines from my catalina.out
> file below.
>
> Regards
> /Bravismore
>

> Catalina.start: LifecycleException:  Protocol handler initialization
> failed: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
>  Can't find any SSL implementation
> LifecycleException:  Protocol handler initialization failed:
> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Can't find any
> SSL implementation
>         at
> org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteConnector.initialize(CoyoteConnector.java:1231)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.initialize(StandardService.java:579)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.initialize(StandardServer.java:2246)
>         at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:511)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:400)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:180)
>         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:203)
> Catalina.stop: LifecycleException:  This server has not yet been started
> LifecycleException:  This server has not yet been started
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.stop(StandardServer.java:2213)
>         at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:543)
>         at
> org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:400)

Karen Ng
OMII (Open Middleware Infrastructure Institute)
Faraday / 6005,
University of Southampton,
Southampton, SO17 1BJ,
United Kingdom.