Hi,
It's not a problem that's been discussed to death, that's for sure.

Enable the AccessLogValve (it's commented out by default in server.xml)
and observe the URL requested and server response code for your redirect
request.

As for archives, try the ones at AIMS (marc.theaimsgroup.com or
something like that), as they are just a normal site and not likely to
be blocked.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium Research Informatics

Tomcat 5
>when I tried to redirect to a servlet whose output contenttype was
><text/plain>  or <application/pdf> I would get a blank page and be
forced
>to refresh from the browser to see the results.  I can get it to work
with
>forward(req,res), but forward() doesn't register in the browser.  Any
help
>would be appreciated.
>
>If this is a problem that has been discussed to death - sorry  - the
>company I work for blocks me accessing the Tomcat-user Archives.
>
>Thanks, Bret

and notify the sender.  Thank you.