give servlet.jar path to ur classpath ,that jar file may be in tomcat_root/common/lib
folder

Sayeed <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:Sir
I am new to Tomcat.
I am now making my first Servlet and trying to creat a class (sayeed).
It give me errors as under :

C:\Apache\Tomcat\webapps\ch03\myfirstwebapp>javac sayeed.java
sayeed.java:5: package javax.servlet.http does not exist
import javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet;
^
sayeed.java:6: package javax.servlet.http does not exist

---
Also another thing what is the PACKAGE which have to write in first line of
my servlet(sayeed):

package com.wrox.projsp.ch03.myfirstwebapp;

Can anyone please help me in detail. I have however downloaded Javax
directory from sun.java.com- where this directory i have to put? i am using
j2sdk1.4.2.

Thanx in advance.

Saeed