Hi,
I have tomcat 4.1.30 installed on linux red hat 9 with java version 1.4.1_03. Sometimes when I shutdown tomcat by using shutdown script it remains java process in memory which I have to kill manually. Only then I can start up tomcat again. What can be the reason of this? I'm using GridSphere portal framework with gridportlets whithin the tomcat, maybe some bad written portlets or servlets are able to freeze java process of tomcat?

Dawid Szejnfeld, PSNC