Good day list ;)

OK I'm configuring a production server at the moment, I'm just trying to clarify and rationalise what steps I should be taking.

1. What connector should I be using to connect Tomcat 5.0.27 and Apache 1.3x?

2. I have set my HTTPd server so that it groups vhosts into groups, for example:

        /Library/WebServer/Documents
                                                        /Sports
                                                                /www.sportsone.com
                                                                /www.sportstwo.com
                                                                /www.sportsthree.com
                                                        /Cookery
                                                                /www.cookingone.com
                                                                /www.cookingtwo.com
                                                                /www.cookingthree.com
                                                                /www.cookingfour.com
                                                        /Ect...
                                                                /etc...

Where Sports and Cookery are groups and each has it's own users.

What is the most sensible thing to do here? Create a private JVM for each group? or Just host everything in the same context? The server is a G5 Xserve with 1Gb of ram at present but this can be increased. We currently have 30 domains but not all of these require Tomcat, I would say about half would, obviously this will only grow. The intention is actually to host Cocoon / Forrest / Lenya, so Tomcat's sole purpose is to serve as a container for these frameworks, not really JSP etc..

Many thanks all ;)

Jason